Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Volleyball


Over the years I have enjoyed playing volleyball. Unfortunately our high school did not have a men’s team, but in college I enjoyed playing co-ed volleyball on an intramural team which won first place. That same team then decided to enter a volleyball tournament in Moab where we didn't do as well. Since then I have had a hard time finding others to play volleyball with. Each ward I have been in I have attempted to get people interested and have not had any luck. My little brother invited Amy and I to watch him play in a tournament at the University of Utah. He played for the Weber State club team. This was the first time I saw in person a team play at such a high level. They had set plays which they seemed to execute with ease. At that point I desired to play more volleyball. Two years ago when we moved into our home, I again expressed an interest in playing church volleyball which no one else seemed to be interested in. Then, one day after church a neighbor said that he and his cousins played volleyball once a week at a church house and he invited me to play. To my pleasant surprise they were quite good. They used hand signals to call plays similar to what I saw my brother's team do. Since then every winter I have played volleyball with them and have enjoyed every minute of it.

No comments: